Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Two weeks, Two Film Festivals

The air is chilly with a touch of frost and some rain. The sun sets well before 8 pm and the leaves are turning yellow. Yes, it must be fall and that means film festival time!

Prior to 2006, that only meant the Calgary International Film Festival (CIFF). But last year I got a taste of Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) a few days after CIFF was over. It was an exhilarating experience, so I decided to head to VIFF again. But this time, I will have no break in between both festivals. In fact, even before CIFF is over, I will be in Vancouver. That means 14 straight days of film festival viewings!

Since this will be my longest stretch of film festival viewings, I am unsure what shape I will be in after it is all over. Plenty of enticing titles on hand for both festivals and I am still unsure about some of my choices. But it should be fun....

No comments: