Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Quick summary of weekend movies

This is a very quick summary of three movies I saw this weekend.

1) Elephant Juice (1999 movie by Sam Miller): Rating 5/10

The movie is about relationships. There are some interesting moments but what I think kills the movie is the bad usage of the background sound. At times, the hip music is too loud and you can't hear the characters. The music is too over-powering at times, when the scene does not require it to be. The beautiful & talented Emmanuelle Beart is ok in this movie.

2) 400 Blows (Francois Truffaut): Rating 8/10

Do I dare rate this classic great movie? Yah I think I can.

3) In the Mood For Love (by Kar Wai Wong): Rating 7/10

I finally got around to watching this movie. And it's good but not that great. The music is great, and comes on at just the right times. The mood & feel for this movie are good.

No comments: